Friday, February 26, 2010

See you in the fall

Although I may occasionally post something in the next several months, this blog will go on its annual hiatus until the start of the girls' fall season in August.

I just wanted to take a quick minute to thank all of the coaches, parents, swimmers and readers of the blog who have taken an interest in it. In particular, I'd like to thank the growing legions of folks who email with results, tips, anecdotes, comments, and information about high school swimming. All of them may not make it into the blog, but all are truly appreciated, and help inform me and provide a broader perspective on this wonderful sport.

As I say to nearly everyone who talks to me about it, it's fun to do, and your enthusiasm and support help keep it going. See you in the fall!

(And I'd be happy to chat with anyone about it, regardless of what you think of it. I'll be hanging around -- as I suspect lots of blog readers will be -- at both the 12 & U and 13 & over USA state meets in the next several days, starting tonight at the UW Natatorium.

4 comments:

Joel said...

Thank you for a great year of blogging.

Anonymous said...

Great job this year!

I especially enjoyed your comments on the D1 state meet. You captured the true essence and feeling of the meet through the lens of a true fan.

I'll be saving your blog for my memories -right up there with the DVD of the state meet....and far ahead of any newspaper articles I've read.

- Swim Dad

Unknown said...

Thanks, Phil for being a source of information and discussion during the season.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your great comments and analysis of the meets around Wisconsin